Get Advanced Treatment In Greater Noida.
What is Neurosurgery?
According to most of the people, neurosurgery consultant is all about brain surgery, but this is not completely true. Neurosurgery is much more, it is the medical specialty, which deals with the diagnosis and treatment of patients with injury to, or diseases of the brain, spinal cord, and spinal column, and central or peripheral nerves. The disease or injury can be cured with the surgical or non- surgical treatment, according to the nature of disease and injury.
Who is a Neurosurgeon?
A neurosurgeon is a physician specialised in neurosurgery. They get trained to treat the patients suffering from back and neck pain and also other disease related to trigeminal neuralgia to head injury and Parkinson’s disease.
Rigorous and extensive education and training are needed to become the best neurosurgeon and it includes the completion of:
- Pre-medical education at a college or university (duration-4 years)
- An M.D or D.O degree ( duration- 4 years )
- Internship in general surgery ( 1 year).
- A neurosurgery residency program.
Division of neurosurgery
- Brain Tumors – cancerous/non-cancerous mass or growth of abnormal cell
in the brain
- Craniotomy – Craniotomy is the surgical removal of a bone flap from the skull to expose the brain
- Ventricular shunt – it is a medical device used by the neurosurgeon to treat a brain condition called hydrocephalus.
- Spine surgery – spine surgery include laminectomy, microdiscectomy and traditional lumbar fusion. Laminectomy is a procedure used by a neurosurgeon for the treatment of spinal stenosis or pressure on the nerves of the low back. It involves making a small incision in the low back.
- Endovascular neurosurgery – It is the subspecialty of neurosurgery. It is used to diagnose the various conditions and disease of the central nervous system.
- Pediatric Neurosurgery – in this division of neurosurgery, pediatric neurosurgeons diagnose, treat and manage the children’s nervous system.
- Traumatic Injuries – this type of injuries are caused by blunt and penetrating by falls, accident, gunshot, and stab wounds.P
- Robotic stereotactic assistance brain surgery
Abbreivated as ROSA, It use to treat he epilepsy by placing the needle-electrodes in brain.
- Advanced medical imaging
- Intraoperative MRI (iMRI)
This MRI is extremly powerful which generate high-resolution images by using 3-tesla magnet.
- Intraoperative computed tomography (iCT)
This is another advanced medical imaging technique which b improve the accuracy and saftey of placement of electorde in the brain.
- Intraoperative MRI (iMRI)
- Advanced Imaging research centre
- It is comprises of 5 research dedicated MR instruments. These machine support research by investigating the normal physiology, brain development and aging, and disease pathophysiology with high-performance non-invasive imaging capabilities.
Manage Heath Services When in Emergency
+91 8800 184 830